TO THE PARENTS:
- Check the school’s paradigm everyday to note the homework or any other instructions given.
- Parents are requested to co-operate with the school in its attempt to help the students’ academic progress and discipline.
- Parents are welcomed to visit the school to discuss their ward’s progress or to meet the Principal, Vice Principal and teachers only with prior appointments. They can also communicate with the teachers through school’s paradigm.
- Parents must inform the school if there is any change in location, address or telephone no. of the residence.
- Parents are be informed about scheduled Parents-Teachers meetings by the school via paradigm and short message service (SMS)
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
Being a home away from home, it is vital to maintain the integrity of the school by adhering to a sense of decorum and good behaviour. The rules that govern this behaviour serve to protect those who are a part of D.C.S. They also help in building a smooth environment for the sharpening of young minds.
The rules below are not meant to inhibit students during their stay at D.C.S. but rather to foster them to become a responsible and dignified member of the Carmelian fraternity.
Please read them carefully as they will help you spend your time usefully at the school.
- Punctuality is to be strictly observed. All students must be in the school premises in time. Late comers are not allowed to enter the school.
- Students must maintain good attendance throughout the year.
- Students must behave decently in the school and on the way to and from school.
- The students must be in full uniform in the school campus and the school bus.
- Late-coming, irregular attendance, disobedience of any kind is subject to action and can lead to the student’s suspension from the school.
- Students are not allowed to leave the school premises during school hours without the permission of the Principal/Administration.
- The medium of communication in the school premises is English which must be strictly observed.
- In case of short/long absence from school, the school management must be informed in writing by the parents.
Young people who are given the privilege of joining the D.C.S School fraternity should be aware that as member of this institution, they carry the responsibility of upholding its identity with dignity and pride. As the school’s ambassadors, students are expected:
- To be kind, considerate and upright human beings, always ready to offer encouragement and lend a helping hand.
- To behave courteously to all, regardless of the class, colour or religion, always respecting the liberty and rights of others.
- Not to bring large sum of money, expensive items or mobile phones to school. The school is not responsible for any loss of personal belongings.
- To possess the courage of their convictions; never hesitating to say a firm ‘no’ when asked to do a thing, which they know to be wrong, however tempting it might seem.
- Never to be cruel, knowing that cruelty is the trait of bullies and low self esteem, while kindness is the mark of gentility and strength.
- To be respectful to others’ property. Any student caught stealing will be given a warning or possible suspension.
- To treat staff and fellow students in a friendly and respectful manner at school and outside school; always rising to wish any teacher or elder politely and offering assistance voluntarily without the need to be prompted.