A Cambridge Curriculum School based in Dubai seeks Head for its English Department
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Coordinator, the English department’s HOD has the following responsibilities:
• Maintains, evaluates and improves the English department’s plan and program and
provide academic leadership for the development of the subject.
• Provide leadership with School management in the development and delivery of the
Subject’s curriculum, teaching and assessment methods.
• Leads the English department team, including facilitating monthly team meetings and
coordinating the strategic planning process
• Defines and implements co-teaching, pull out and push in support programs for students
• Oversees the adoption and implementation of Cambridge curriculum, including a
• Supports teachers and provides appropriate professional development
• Assists school administrators in implementing improvement plans
• Coordinates English data collection and reporting at the school and DSIB (Dubai school
• Maintains records of all students and their status (only about the performance in English
• Insures that all DSIB reporting requirements are met, including internal and external
• Coordinates testing of students, including IGCSE and Cambridge checkpoint testing
• Coordinates external testing accommodations for all annual assessments (like oral
examination for IGCSE)
• Coordinate with IT department to maintain and improve the school web site
• Communicates with the community through a monthly newsletter
• Communicates with the parents of students
• Assists with translation and interpretation
• Responsible to update and develop the content of school website.
• Undertake such other duties as may be assign